Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fun in Melbourne

I just had the most wonderful weekend away.

A trip to Melbourne.  A sort of celebration of the end of the pre-school years.  I wandered around the city, took photos, caught up with an old friend and met Jean in person (from inallhonesty).  It was lovely.

However, it wasn't just a fun weekend away.

It was also the culmination of 12 months of hopes and 6 months of training for the Melbourne Half Marathon.

It was fantastic.  The day was perfect: clear, cold and sunny.  I had such a grin on my face as I walked to the start line I probably looked like the Cheshire cat.

Even the race itself was good, all 21.1 kms of it!   

The finish line was inside the MCG and as I ran in, through the stadium and around the ground, I will admit - there were a few tears of joy in my eyes.   I was absolutely thrilled with my time of 2:16:26. 

If you want to see a photo that really captures my emotion on finishing, try this link!

At the risk of repeating myself from previous posts - if you think you could never do this - read all my posts under the label 'running' and see how much my running has changed over 3 years. Believe me, if I can do it - so can you. 


And now, it's time to stop talking about me and get onto some other blogging!  Stay tuned, dear readers...

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Well done, Wendy!

Anonymous said...

Where's the LIKE button! Well done Wendy!
Caroline E

Sarah said...

Well done! That's a great achievement.

Anonymous said...

What a superb achievement Wendy. Well done! Lesley

Wendy said...

Thanks all!