Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Status report: May

Copying: Meredith. I thought I would take her up on the invitation to do some status report posts this year. I have a lot of things I want to blog about, but finding the time to do so is proving a struggle, so this may help in keeping up with a few things.

Reading: lots of fiction and a few Christian books. Updates to come in weeks ahead. 

Preparing: 4 talks on Colossians to give this month. Have enjoyed another year of bible talk preparation, and been challenged yet again by what I have learnt. I always feel you get more out of a passage as the speaker or the bible study leader than anyone else, so I count it a privilege to have the opportunity.

Am now mother of: a ten year old boy. Some of you think: "wow, that’s old". Others: " I’ve already done that".  I am loving it. We are having good conversations, he is growing into a lovely young man. I am hoping the wisdom I once heard “give me a boy until he is 8 (or 10) and I’ll show you the man” is true. He is a wonderful blessing.

Also a mother of: a newly turned 8-year girl. We had a special time away together to celebrate. I’ll tell you about it soon.

Learning: some house DIY skills. Who knew I could install new door knobs, door & window seals and do a much better job of using ‘no more gaps’ in brickwork than my previously messy bathroom attempt?

Struggling: a bit with low energy levels and some mental fogginess. Seems I need to slow down a bit. Still investigating that.

Realising: a slow down can be a good thing, not a sign of defeat. Still working through this as well - more to come on that I am sure.

Running: still going, although much less than previously. Still love getting out for a run to clear my mind and keep my body moving well.

Praying: more and more. Feel like God is challenging me & slowly teaching me in lots of ways through prayer and has been for a while now. Am enjoying the lessons.

Thankful: for many things. God is very good.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy,

Have been wondering how you were going. I especially thought of you yesterday as I made your slow cooker chicken casserole- which was a winner! Thank you.
I am feeling the need to slow down too, but not sure how.
Hearing that you are praying alot is a great encouragment, as I really need to spend more time in prayer.
Maybe later in the term we could catch up for another coffee?

Take care.

Amellia

Wendy said...

Love to Amellia, maybe in June once talks are done?

W

Jean said...

Hi Wendy,

How would you feel about emailing your talks once they're done? I'm doing 2 talks on Colossians for a women's conference at the end of the year.

Love Jean xxx

Wendy said...

Sure Jean, get back to me early June!

Wendy

Meredith said...

Love it Wendy. Thanks for joining in. I enjoyed the snapshot into your world. I have found this a great way to distill a few thoughts that just don't make it to full post status.

Wendy said...

Thanks Meredith, I agree - I often have thoughts that never make it to a full post - and I think this could be a good way to deal with them!