Saturday, June 1, 2013

Staus report: June

Finishing:  Colossians talks.  Three down, final one on Tuesday.  Have enjoyed them and learnt much.

Issuing:  a number of challenges in my talks.  However I want to make sure I also heed them.  Always a challenge to preach to yourself as well.

Reading:  Genesis, Psalms, Matthew.  Having finished my very slow reading of Luke, have returned to continuous bible reading, starting back at beginning of both Old and New Testaments.  Continuing with a Psalm per day, Psalm 66 today.

Also reading:  C.S. Lewis: A Life, by Alister McGrath; In the Company of Others, Jan Karon (last of her novels on my list, 'sniff').  Also about to peruse Fix It Yourself! A practical guide to essential home maintenance and repairs as I need some plumbing information.

Walking:  most days.  No running for now, may start again soon.

Hanging: curtains and a quilt.  Loving the more homely feel of curtains in the rumpus room and seeing my beautiful William Morris quilt on the lounge room wall.


Cooking:  experimenting with curries in the slow cooker.  Making soups for mid-week lunches on my own.

Benefiting: from slowing down.

Loving: regular days off with my husband.

Thankful: for so many things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great idea to put your beautiful quilt on the wall.

I found your talk on tuesday very helpful- thank you. I look forward next week's talk.

Enjoy the weekend.

Amellia