Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Some other fun things

Long service leave was definitely not the only highlight of the last few months. Three other events stand out as well:

A wedding. My dearest, oldest friend was married in February. We all travelled to Toowoomba for the weekend and I had the joy and honour of being her bridesmaid, just as she did for me 15 years ago.  I was able to go a few days early and enjoy helping with bridesmaid duties (long lunches, getting nails done – the hard things of life).  It was a privilege to give a speech, the whole day was marvellous and we all had lots of fun.

Our 15 year wedding anniversary.   My husband and I have so much to be thankful for over the last 15 years, and our love grows stronger and deeper with each passing year. 

Bruce Springsteen concert. Oh yes. This was fantastic. I was a vaguely interested fan, husband being the main fan. However, I am completely converted & have been listening to Springsteen in the car non-stop for weeks now. His music has a great soul & beat, with lyrics that have something to say, often about the struggles of the working class.  It is also infused with various biblical references which I find fascinating.

We, along with the rest of the stadium were up and dancing for the encores, which included Born To Run, which is a bit of a theme song in our house, both because I actually run to it and because "Champs like us, Wendy, baby we were born to run" - that's right, it's about me! A great night.


A ballad song, does not represent the serious dancing happening at other times!

No comments: