Sunday, May 1, 2016

May Status Report

Status Report: It's been 5 months since I did a status report - just never got around to it!

Family Update:   Mr 13 has started high school (Yr 8) and while it has been a big transition (as we suspected), it has gone well and he seems to have settled in.  There is certainly a lot of change that happens quickly at this stage - technology responsibilities, getting to school himself, managing his own time, serving at church in the band, continuing to learn piano, and doing all this while becoming a teenager with all that brings.

Miss 11 is in Year 5 and Miss 8 in Year 3, and both continue along happily.   Miss 11 is very excited to now be allowed to drink tea (restricted to decaf for the moment)

Winter sport starts in earnest this term with all three playing sport - so Saturdays are now assigned to soccer and netball, spread over the whole day.

I turned 40 last term, which we felt warranted a trip away, so Husband and I spent a week in Port Douglas enjoying the heat in the last week of Term 1.  Marvellous.

Enjoying watching others turn 40: one of the delights of Facebook is being in touch with old school friends and friends you went through youth group with.  So over these last 8 months and for another 4 it is fun watching so many friends also get to 40!  So many people have so many things to be thankful for - it's very encouraging.

Study: I am doing some study with the CCEF this term, starting with their introductory subject, Dynamics of Biblical Change.  It starts next week and goes for 13 weeks.  Hence, I suspect my reading and reviewing on this blog may be reduced for a while.  I am looking forward to studying again, but it has been 14 years since I did any study and therefore I am somewhat out of practice!  The thought of handing in assignments for marking is a little daunting!

Reading: parenting books (which I have already reviewed here), a great book on evangelism (review coming out tomorrow), Romans and Psalms.

Blog:  I have included a "DVDs and CDs" tab up the top (for both adults and kids), listing all reviewed or referred to movies/shows/music on this blog.   I have also included a lot more children's books in the "Children's books"  tab - not all are reviewed, but are included if any of our children have liked them.


No comments: