Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Plans for 2011

I've had over a month free from online commitments, which has been wonderful, and also made me realise just how much time I put into this blog and the in tandem one. I enjoy doing it, but it's odd to feel such pressure from a voluntary, self-imposed commitment. It's not like I don't have other commitments in 'real life'.

However, I do benefit from the blogging myself, which is a main reason why I continue - it forces me to think about things, from the perspective of a Christian, a woman, a mother, a wife - or whatever. And when others comment, it means we all think a little more.

But, as usual, I have committed to lots of other things as well this year, so while I have plans for musings - we'll see how they go!

  • I would love to read the books on my 'to read' list. Some have been there for over 3 years now, which is as long as they have been sitting there on my shelf. Sometimes I feel like they sit there and mock me! Holidays are now over, so the long period of fiction reading is (or should be) over for another term, and I'll get down to more reading.
  • I would like to re-start the Calvin Club readings (even if no one else is). Never got any comments on any Calvin posts and I suspect no-one read them, but it was helpful for me so I'd like to pick it up again.
  • I'd like to think more about the bible as I read through it (more on that in a later post)
  • To cover a few more parenting things. As I mentioned previously - we have left the 'baby/toddler' phase and there are some things I will miss.
  • And whatever else strikes me at the time - both serious and trivial.

No comments: