Monday, August 24, 2009

Respectable Sins

I think it's time for a new book series!

So, I am going to spend some time looking at Respectable Sins, by Jerry Bridges:
Have Christians become so preoccupied with the major sins of our society that we have lost sight of our need to deal with our own more subtle sins? Jerry Bridges returns to his trademark theme of holiness and addresses a dozen clusters of specific “acceptable” sins that we tend to tolerate in ourselves - such as jealousy, anger, pride, unthankfulness, and judgmentalism. (from the back cover)
I have only just started it myself, but it promises to be a journey requiring some serious self-examination, repentance and change.

If you would like to join me, get your hands on a copy and we'll read through it together.

Next week I'll look at chapters 1-6 as a unit, as they address sin and how we view it, before he gets to specific sins. Don't be put off with the idea of 6 chapters, it's a quick read!

Chapter 1 can be downloaded here.

No comments: